21st May 2020:
As the government tentatively brings us out of lockdown we are continually adjusting the way that we work. We continue to follow guidelines from the British Veterinary Association and the Government and have the following in place to allow us to treat your animals whilst keeping you and our staff safe.
- We are open as normal: 8.30 – 6.00 Monday to Friday and 8.30 – 12.00 on Saturday. Outside of these hours, emergencies will be seen by our out of hours partner in Canterbury. Saturday afternoons and Sundays are strictly by prior appointment only. We will not be available to answer the phones at this times and you will be re-directed to Canterbury.
- Consultations will be by telephone or video initially, with the vet deciding which patients need to be seen if we can not treat them remotely. Phone consults are charged at £25, video consults at £30, in-house consults at £39 + PPE surcharge.(initial phone/video consult will not charged if we then need to see your pet)
- When a patient is seen by a vet, a nurse is in assistance and both staff members are in full PPE. Due to the additional costs and time taken, a surcharge of £7.50 applies.
- We are offering vaccinations but are currently inviting in those who are overdue. There is a 3 month leeway on vaccinations so we ask for those not yet over-due to please wait a while.
- We are running 3 separate teams to allow us to socially distance within the practice where possible and to prevent us all having to isolate should one person show symptoms.
- Surgeries will be carried out but these decisions are made by the vets to allow us to prioritise as necessary.
If possible, please email prescription requests (including flea and worm treatment) to email@example.com. You can also request prescriptions and book phone or video consults for non urgent issues through our website.
Our coronavirus protocol remains in place as follows:
- No clients are allowed inside the building
- Patients will be taken at the door when seen by a vet
- Vets/Nurses will wear PPE when handling animals
- All medication requests must be made over the phone/email and require 24 hours notice.
We are operating a skeleton staff and our phones are extremely busy so please bear with us.
Thank you for patience during this time.
Welcome to White Cliffs Veterinary Surgery
White Cliffs Veterinary Surgery is owned and run by Julie Culver B Vet Med MRCVS and Chris Reichmann TA MRCVS. We both have been looking after our clients’ pets in the Dover area for many years.
When you visit White Cliffs Veterinary Surgery you and your pet will notice the friendly atmosphere because we understand that your pet is a very special member of your family and his or her welfare will be our primary concern. All our members of staff are totally committed to giving the best possible care and advice and keep up to date on all the latest treatments available. We are an RCVS accredited practice and have been nominated for practice of the year every year since we opened. Our prices are affordable for everyone, and we will continue to provide special offers. It’s easy to register with us, so give us a call.
Looking forward to seeing you!
Pet Behaviour Consultations
Julie Culver B Vet Med MANZCVS (Veterinary Behaviour) MRCVS provides behaviour advice for your pet. Some behavioural problems are caused by medical issues so it is important for your pet to be examined thoroughly and for a detailed history to be taken.
Julie will be happy to talk to you regarding a number of species including dogs, cats, parrots, rabbits and guinea pigs. If you have any behavioural concerns that you would like advice on, please contact us.
Join Our Healthy Pet Plan!
Membership benefits include:
- Upto 36% savings on annual vaccination and health checks
- Upto 36% savings on annual flea and worm treatments
- FREE annual dental check
- FREE Bi-annual health checks
- 10% Off consultations
- 5% Off medication including long term medications
You are all simply The Best, always take the time to chat and explain things to me.Ginny Southwell
In An Emergency
24 Hour Phone Line
Monday – Friday
8.30am – 6.00pm
08.30am – 12.00pm
Sunday & Public Holidays